» Flitsservice International » International Discussions Reclamevrij? Log aub in, kost niets   

Pagina 1 van 1  [ 17 berichten ]
star
Nieuwkomer
 Bericht 

Hi all

I wanted to know the legal status of a 'dwangbevel'. What is it, exactly? If someone receives it, does it mean they have been convicted of a crime? A civil offence? a criminal offence? Or have they been charged with a criminal/civil offence? Is a dwangbevel a penalty/fine?

Who is authorised to pass out a dwangbevel?

Spook
Master
 Bericht 
Does it also say: "In naam des Konings" ?

Fpsdoug
Master
 Bericht 
I think the English term is a "warrant".
You probably have an unpayed bill... (can be taxes, but also something other), that is your "crime".

A dwangbevel can only be issued by a governmental body I think.

Tommie
Master
 Bericht 

You can try the dutch Wikipedia:

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwangbevel

and use Google translate to translate it in your language of preference.

You might also scan and publish the anonimized warrant.

star
Nieuwkomer
 Bericht 

Thanks guys...

Actually that is the thing - the dwangbevels were never received, the aanmanings were never received, and all of a sudden there is a bill including the costs of aanmaning and dwangbevel........

Everything has been paid but am very stressed now what this means ---- what exactly are dwangbevels? Are they civil writs of executions? or should they be considered as criminal convictions? or civil judgements? Do they have an affect on credit rating? Do they give one a criminal record? Are they issued by a court?

DO they have a bearing on the "good moral character" of a person and subsequently on a job or immigration etc....

have read the translated version of the Dutch wikipedia but still not clear..
REALLY STRESSED///

Spook
Master
 Bericht 
What legal system (country) is your frame of reference? That might make things easier to explain.

star
Nieuwkomer
 Bericht 

UK and South Asia..thanks!

Close Encounter
Master
 Bericht 
It depends who issued it...
Taxauthority? Can you post a picutere of it?

snovvdog
Master
 Bericht 
Dwangbevel is a kind of last warning to pay or else they can take your possessions to cover the costs.

So basically a kind of legal worker/bailiff has to ''serve'' you the ''dwangbevel'' ( often though they send it ''signed for'' over the post).

ArneL
Pro
 Bericht 

A 'dwangbevel' is an enforceable title issued by a administrative body and can therefor be considered an equivalent to a civil court judgement within the Netherlands.

WJM
Master
 Bericht 

star schreef:
UK and South Asia..thanks!

But what is your link with Holland then?
Past, current & future?
Been here once, for work or vacation?
And why did you pay initially at all?
Must be a reason?
Traffic ticket?
Your own vehicle, or rental?

(only then will we be able to indicate which previous documents you might or should have received)

star
Nieuwkomer
 Bericht 

It was for water tax/gemeente tax- I have been living/working in the Netherlands and hope to return there soon.

The bill was a couple of years old and only reached me for the first time with the costs for the aanmaning and dwangbevel when I was out of Netherlands. If, as mentioned above, this counts as a county court judgement then this is not a criminal issue? And I need to possibly check with the Netherlands credit rating agency if it shows up on my credit?

Can I appeal to the agency or someone to have it removed from my record due to my receiving it so late? Would this affect my visa/permit?

ArneL
Pro
 Bericht 

The issuing of the dwangbevel itself is in no way related to a criminal offense, it just exists to allow the administrative body in question to seize your assets. As tax debts are not credit debts they're not registered as such. You can appeal the costs of the aanmaning and dwangbevel (only the costs of issuing) to the tax authority within 6 weeks of the day the aanmaning or dwangbevel was sent. However, unless you provide evidence that raises considerable doubts regarding their receipt, this appeal can not be based on not receiving the aanmaning or dwangbevel (art. 7 Kw Inv. Rb). If you did not notify the tax authority of an address change that's for your own risk.

WJM
Master
 Bericht 

If he unlisted himself officially from the minicipality database, then it is up to the claiming party to find your current address.
Until then, you can'tbe held responsible for the delay and related *extra* costs; only for the initial amount.
(even their last resort, making the claim (summon?) public in a national newspaper, should not work in case of foreigners?)

star
Nieuwkomer
 Bericht 

thank u so much - so basically I am ok for all of these and I can sign this verklaar - given the dwangbevel?

Ik verklaar dat;
I hereby declare that:
 ik nooit vanwege het plegen van een misdrijf ben veroordeeld tot een gevangenisstraf of een vrijheid ontnemende maatregel;
I have never been sentenced to a term of imprisonment - nor have I received a custodial order - for committing a crime;
 ik nooit vanwege het plegen van een misdrijf ben veroordeeld tot het verrichten van onbetaalde arbeid ten algemenen nutte of een taakstraf; I have never been sentenced to perform unpaid work for the benefit of the general public or to perform community service for committing a crime;
 ik nooit vanwege het plegen van een misdrijf een onvoorwaardelijke geldboete opgelegd heb gekregen;
I have never received an unconditional fine for committing a crime;
 ik nooit vanwege het plegen van een misdrijf een transactieaanbod heb aanvaard;
I have never accepted an out-of-court settlement for committing a crime;
 ik nooit vanwege het plegen van een misdrijf een strafbeschikking opgelegd heb gekregen;
I have never received a punishment order for committing a crime;
 ik op dit moment niet vanwege het plegen van een misdrijf, ben onderworpen aan strafvervolging;
I am currently not involved in criminal proceedings for committing a crime;
 ik nooit verantwoordelijk ben geweest voor één van de volgende categorieën van handelingen zoals bedoeld in artikel 1F van het vluchtelingenverdrag van 1951; I have never been responsible for one of the following categories of acts as referred to in Article 1F of the Convention of Refugees of 1951;
- een misdrijf tegen de vrede
A crime against peace
- een oorlogsmisdrijf
A war crime
- een misdrijf tegen de menselijkheid
A crime against humanity
- een ernstig niet-politiek misdrijf (bijvoorbeeld moord of terrorisme) of
A serious non-political crime (e.g. murder or an act of terrorism) or
- handelingen in strijd met de doelstellingen en beginselen van de Verenigde Naties (bijvoorbeeld terroristische handelingen), en
Acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations (e.g. acts of terrorism); and
 het mij bekend is dat een veroordeling vanwege het begaan van een misdrijf kan leiden tot verblijfsweigering of verblijfsbeëindiging.
I am familiar with the fact that a sentence for committing a crime may result in a refusal of a residence application or a termination of residence.

OR these

Do you have any civil judgments against you or
any civil penalty under the UK Immigration Acts?

Have you been convicted of any criminal
offence in the UK or any other country?

rolfv
Die hard
 Bericht 

Yeah you are safe to check all the boxes, as said before, this has nothing to do with any kind of crime, and it isn't something under the UK Immigration Acts either.

star
Nieuwkomer
 Bericht 

Thank you so much!!! Are dwangbevel records kept anywhere? Like at a credit agency etc...I can try to explain the situation and get the record removed....

Pagina 1 van 1 [ 17 berichten ]