» Flitsservice International » International Discussions Reclamevrij? Log aub in, kost niets   

Postingstijd interval gedetecteerd van 2628 dagen. Deze pagina bevat dus deels relatief oude berichten.

Pagina 1 van 1  [ 19 berichten ]
Poppa Bear
Eendagsvlieg
 Bericht 

I will be visiting the Limburg area shortly and have a few questions.

1.) Is it legal for me to bring my V1 to The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, etc?

2.) What are the penalties for having my V1 in a country where it would be illegal to have a radar detector?

3.) Can the police confiscate my detector and/or car?

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers!!

Rover
Master
 Bericht 
1) No
2) In the Netherlands the fine is €250
3) Yes, and they will ( the detector, not the car)

In the Netherlands the police uses a radar detector detector to find radar detectors

edit: added more explanation question 3

DidbeZ
Master
 Bericht 
1.) Is it legal for me to bring my V1 to The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, etc? Not to bring or have, yes to use it

2.) What are the penalties for having my V1 in a country where it would be illegal to have a radar detector? € 250,-

3.) Can the police confiscate my detector and/or car? Only the detector when found, when they detect it but can't find it they will take your car for technical investigation

My exuses for the steenkolenenglish....

Rover
Master
 Bericht 
In the Netherlands its not allowed to have it with you also, as far as i know. The story about the technical investigation is true..

ruudt
Master
 Bericht 
@DidbeZ,

Don't forget to note that it is illegal to have a detector in the car. Even if not used !

Sander
FS medewerker
 Bericht 
The issue here is wether the device is capable of detecting radar. As far as I know, it's not capable when it's turned off. :wink:

But you'll have a hard time proving that if they get a signal of your car with the radardetectordetector and they find your detector in your car. So I'd suggest putting it in a bag far away (out of your reach) in the back of the car.

DidbeZ
Master
 Bericht 
ruudt schreef:
@DidbeZ,

Don't forget to note that it is illegal to have a detector in the car. Even if not used !

Unless you can make it logical that you don't use it. For example when it is in your trunk.

Edit: Sandeman was faster....

Martijn
FS Webmaster
 Bericht 
Poppa Bear schreef:
I will be visiting the Limburg area shortly and have a few questions.

1.) Is it legal for me to bring my V1 to The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, etc?

2.) What are the penalties for having my V1 in a country where it would be illegal to have a radar detector?

3.) Can the police confiscate my detector and/or car?

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers!!

1: Yes, yes, no (chance of problems at the border: 0%
2) NL: 250,- GE: 75,- BE: Very very high
3) in all countries yes, and in BE also a chance on confiscating your car.

4) NL and BE are using a radar detector detector that probably can detect your V1.

Remo
Master
 Bericht 
I'd recommend to take a cheap (maybe not working) detector extra with you, and hand that one over when you're pulled over.

The € 250 fine is a big one, but in this case you keep your more expensive RD.

Poppa Bear
Eendagsvlieg
 Bericht 

Cool, thanks for the replies. I guess the next question is how common are the RDDs? Is there a detector detector in every police car? One in every 5? One per police station? Any ideas as to which type of RDD? Stealth III perhaps?

What are the penalties for laser/radar jammers? In the States, radar jammers are HIGHLY illegal (federal, or national, criminal offense), however, laser jammers are no big deal and not very common. Most people rely on radar detectors instead. I've seen advertisements for LPP and LI. Which is best for the Limburg area?

Cheers!!

Remo
Master
 Bericht 
Not quite common, I drove for a couple of months with a simple Quintezz RD that was hidden in my sun visor.

I thought there are about 20 RDD's in The Netherlands. At least, at the introduction of the RDD. I think the RDD's are from Spectre.

About the laser/radar jammer, it depends on the brand and the main function. Someone of this website (Marcel) sells the LaserPark Pro. This is a great laser jammer, but its main function is park-distance control. So this one isn't illegal at all.

florin
Eendagsvlieg
 Bericht 

As I heard in Slovenia and in Germany the penalties are much higher

pafikval
Eendagsvlieg
 Bericht 
Hi.
It was to find answers here to my questions...
250€ in NL, that is ok.
Radar detector was turned off.
My cable is not connected to electricity.
Today took my driver's license for 15 days in Belgium.
They confiscated my radar detector.

Dave
FS Webmaster
 Bericht 
What questions? Good report though after seven years.

RDD devices in the Netherlands are as far as I know not alive anymore.

Remo
Master
 Bericht 
pafikval schreef:
My cable is not connected to electricity.
Doesn't matter, you are not allowed to have it in your car, connected or not.

Otherwise anyone could pull out the powercord when they get pulled over :wink:

DidbeZ
Master
 Bericht 
pafikval schreef:
250€ in NL

Over the years this amount has become a little higher i guess.

edit:

The fine at this moment is € 430,- according to http://www.boete.nl. How about that for inflation?
Also your detector wil be confiscated.

And again: excuses for my stoancoalsenglish...

Piet_Piraat
Master
 Bericht 
In Belgium however, they still seem to be active in their search for drivers with a radardetector. That's why, when I still had one, I usually didn't use it in Belgium. Thanks for reporting back though.

hoevenpe
Master
 Bericht 

Start using FlitsNav and/or FlitsMeister apps on your smartphone, they are free and will warm you legally for 90% of all mobile speed traps...

Guppenklup
Master
 Bericht 
7 yrs kick :o :woop:

Pagina 1 van 1 [ 19 berichten ]